I am currently representing a Specialist Civil Engineering contractor who are seeking to recruit a Section Engineer to work on a new project in the north Somerset area.
My client a well-established multi-disciplinary company who operate throughout Southwest and Midlands, turning over £50 Million.
They specialise in Civil Engineering projects throughout these regions, including highways, Structures and Infrastructure biased projects.
As a Section Engineer you will be a part of a £12 Million Infrastructure Project, the scope of works include: Bulk Earthworks, Groundworks, Deep Drainage & Structures which will lead on to a large Highways scheme.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage packages of work.
- Input into the design development process.
- Interface between the design activities and construction activities ensuring all works are constructed in accordance with approved designs.
- Undertake setting out duties to a high degree of precision and supervise other engineers setting out work.
- Produce and manage inspection and test plans across the construction works. Including undertaking of Engineers installation inspections.
- Provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers within the team.
- Have a clear understanding of engineering tolerances on the contract and communicate these to the team.
- Anticipate and resolve technical issues, including the raising of technical queries.
- Hand over and Hand back of completed works to client.
- Identify and raise commercial issues using early warnings and contribute to change requests.
- The following qualities and experience are required:
- Engineering Qualification (MEng, BEng, BSc or equivalent) in Civil/Structural/Geotechnical Engineering.
- Previous experience delivering multidisciplinary civil and structural engineering works.
- Strong team worker and ability to build relationships across the team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Driving licence.
- Proficient with Microsoft Packages.
What is in it for you as a Section Engineer?
- A basic salary up to £55,000
- Car Allowance
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare.
- Bonus Scheme
- Further training and qualifications offered.
- Excellent Continued professional development.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award winning and rapidly expanding contractor, so if you are interested in this position, please apply today.